Saturday, June 6, 2009

Summer begins

Today was Nora’s last day of daycare until August. When I packed up all of her things from the baby room and accepted all of the pictures and crafts the ladies wanted me to take, I couldn’t help but feel both a sense of relief and a sense of anxiety. I was relieved that I had survived the first year of being a working mom. It wasn’t easy – especially with Nora getting sick so often – but I did it and I think I did it pretty well at times. And though my anxiety was nowhere even close to what I felt that first week dropping her off at daycare, I did feel some anxiety as to what I will do now that Nora is a “homegirl,” as my mom said this afternoon. I don’t really know what to do with an 17 month old all day. But I guess that will be the fun part – figuring it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment