Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Cute List



I’m keeping a list of all the signs, words and sentences Nora is saying. At this point I’m having to update it almost every day. I should keep a list of all the adorable baby things she does so I don't forget those either. Maybe that is what this blog is for?

Shoes. Nora LOVES shoes. When she realizes each morning that she doesn’t have any on, she runs to her room and screams “Shezz” until someone comes to put some on her feet. When she sees a pair of mine or Ken’s laying around she repeats “SheZZ,” points, and insists we put them on. And sometimes when she is already wearing shoes she decides she needs to switch. Today it was green crocs to converse. And she has this adorable indescribable way of just sitting down, no looking, no bracing, and sticking her feet up and out, ready for a shoe change.

Purses. Nora also LOVES purses. Ever since Christmas when she somehow found one of my small red purses, she has been toddling around with at least one purse on her arm. She recently started to put purses on, say “bye” and start running laps around the house.

Baby. Nora’s second sentence was “Bye baby,” which sounds more like bye beby. She now gets a washcloth, puts it over her doll’s back and pats it (really hard!) to put the baby to sleep. Then she gets a burp cloth and pushes me down to the floor and puts the cloth on me and pats me (really hard!). Then she climbs up on the ottoman and wants me to put the cloth on her and pat her back (really softly!).

Animals. Nora is an animal lover. She doesn’t get it from her mother. She can say all the animal sounds in her noisy farm book – duck, lamb, pig, goat, cow and rooster. She also has a mean roar when she sees a lion. I count the animal sounds as words. They show she is smart.

Fake coughing. This last one (for now) is a new development. At swimming lessons last week Nora swallowed a lot of water. When she was coughing it up she enjoyed (apparently) the attention of me and the two swim instructors. Yesterday at swim lessons she evidently remembered this and started fake coughing. And she looked at me like she knew it was funny. Then in the car today, I coughed and covered my mouth. Then, for the next two minutes, Nora fake coughed and covered her mouth. She had that same knowing look again too. It was hilarious, and I’m sure my amusement with her covering her mouth was why she continued so long at it. Maybe she’ll be in theater?

I know this list is cheesy, but if the blog is really for me only, who cares, right? And of course, as a stubborn toddler there are plently of not very cute at all moments too - but I won't put those down to remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment