Friday, August 21, 2009

Today it was me

I woke up at 5 today. Nora slept until 6:30.

I didn't get up or out of bed, but I opened my eyes, checked the time and then had trouble quelling the start of school thoughts that started bombarding my brain. Bulletin boards, photo copies, lesson plans (that's not important!), desk arrangement, cart building, supply organizing. The items on my to-do list seemed to go on forever. And they prevented me from sleeping "late" on one of the few mornings where Nora gave me that opportunity. Cruel irony.

I am still not ready. I will be going in tomorrow to clean and organize and to do some of the last photocopying. I have planned my lessons and placed my desks (and Ken built my cart!), but I still don't feel ready. Hopefully I will when Monday morning rolls around.

We are clearing some of the hurdles I wrote about last time. Ken went to the grocery store. Nora's diaper rash is so much better and she hasn't had another 4:30 day (writing that will surely curse me...). They started giving us more written notes at daycare to tell us what is going on with her each day. She seems to be napping at least 2 hours at daycare each day. And next week is furry animal week. And they are going to jump around in furry animal slippers! How fun!

Oh. And she's not allergic to peanut butter. They fed her peanut butter crackers at daycare and she was still alive when we picked her up.

No comments:

Post a Comment